Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Three Strikes

I've been feeling pretty defeated lately after making my test runs. The pasta turned out okay, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. I ended up testing it a few times with some new variations and it's gotten better but I'm not sure what else it needs. Here's an image of my first test run:
 
I'm fully aware of how horrible of a photo this is in general but my camera was dead so I had to use my phone and it was nighttime (hence the gross lighting). As you can see the food doesn't look appetizing; the colors are muddy and the placement is poor. It looks much nicer when on a plate but the pictures I took of that were in awful lighting. I've been looking into ways to make it look nicer and here's what I'm thinking:

  • I have to cut the eggplant differently because its cooking unevenly. 
  • The mozzarella does not work (I attempted to use the ricotta salata but it wasn't sold at my local supermarket). 
  • I need to use a smaller rigatoni because it takes up to much space. 
  • I need to find a way to make the sauce come off as brighter. 
I'm going to try and make it a few more times this week and if I can't get it to look right I'll just have to use a different recipe since I don't want this to put me behind schedule. 

For now I'll be finding new photography tips

The last one has an interesting tip about adding a second layer of the same image on top and the added an overlay effect to it, reducing the layer's opacity if needed, to improve the saturation and contrast of the image overall. They claim that it makes the photo seem more appetizing, which is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to test this out wit some new photos and see if it helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection