Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Editing

I imported the cover photo into photoshop and I think it's looking pretty good. I was able to do the different changes to the colors that I wanted to but I'm still not sure that it's enough. We're breaking into groups tomorrow so I'll get some feedback there and decide out if it's a good idea. When I first imported the masthead onto the photo I was torn on what color I wanted it to be (between black, gray, and white) but eventually decided that the white made the colors pop the most. Here's what the masthead looks like on the cover:

I'm still concerned about the color of the yellow making the white text hard to read but I think the white font is worth putting in the extra effort to made it more legible. Next I added the coverlines including the main coverline. I spent some time deciding on whether I wanted the main coverline to be on top of the other two or below it. I think that even though it seems like logical progression to put it on top, putting it on the bottom helps to fill up the negative space as well as to make it stand out more from the other coverlines. Here is the cover with the coverlines added:
I still think that the coverlines are hard to read when they pass over the yellow but I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm going to present it to my group tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection